today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

stripercrazy

41 mins ago, BassAssasin said:

I was always reluctant to buy those. Do they clog up with wood on soft stuff? How smooth is the surface of the cup?

Pretty smooth, just need a bit of 150 grit and they come out nicely.  The directions for cleaning say to burn wood residue out with a torch, works great 

image.jpg

C&R

3 hours ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Pretty smooth, just need a bit of 150 grit and they come out nicely.  The directions for cleaning say to burn wood residue out with a torch, works great

Might could try the big gum rubber erasers. Like for Sanding belts and stuffs.  

6 hours ago, Bluetaildragger said:

image.jpg

I’d say it’s a reasonable finish , way better then my janky ground down spade bit .  What size that one ? 3/4 or 1” 

Just now, Wire For Fire said:

I’d say it’s a reasonable finish , way better then my janky ground down spade bit .  What size that one ? 3/4 or 1” 

Before I got this I was using a really shoddy ball rasp, thing was downright dangerous lol.  I got the 1”

C&R

Just now, Bluetaildragger said:

Before I got this I was using a really shoddy ball rasp, thing was downright dangerous lol.  I got the 1”

Yea I have a small one I use to touch up and reshape my eff ups and it’s def dodgy .  I use drill press for alil more control . Liking that kutzall Though . Think I gonna grab one . Shame nowhere local carries it . I’d rather go grab it quick then order it but seems the only way