Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishaholic18

Ditch stick

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

The 120 1M does fine up to 4-5 oz.

If you want a jig rod that can cast and lift an honest 6 off the bottom, plus do double duty for big plugs, the XRA 126 1MH is the one to look into. It's not that much more expensive than the 120 1M.

If you have a more limited budget---say under $150 for the blank alone---then the All Star or Batson SU 1209 is what you want. But if you're going to throw down a deuce, makes no sense to me to take the 120 1M over the Arra 126 1MH to save $30 to $50.

Ditch,

I gotta check out that rod. Are you coming to the Fall fling??? if so, can you throw that one on your roof so I can check it out???

Thanks for the info... I was waiting for your response to this question...

BC

BC, I use both the arra 126mh and the allstar 1209 to jig the canal. The allstar is probably a better pure jigging rod but not a great caster and not a lot of fun to fish with. The arra casts effortlessly, is much lighter in the hand and has plenty of guts - I use it most of the time. As ditch said, it throws big plugs very well. However, when there are rumors of very large fish around, I pull out the 1209, 65# braid.

Batson SU1209 for 4oz ++++ jigs, sluggos, skin rigs

Batson SU1208 for 2 to 5oz. The SU1208 fishes a 4oz LH with a 9" sluggo just about perfectly.

Plus it feels like it is 20lbs lighter than that SU1209.

The 1213m is a lot heavier than the 120m, but only a few ounces more than the Arra. I bought mine for jigging the canal (which it has yet to do wink.gif ). It's not that bad if it's conventional, I wouldn't want it spinning.

I bought it over the Arra as the extra six inches would have been a PITA to store biggrin.gif

-spence