Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Breezy Kid

Spiral wrapping

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I wanna spiral wrap a Rainshadow SWS70MH. The reel will either be a Tica Pices 200 or Caiman 200. How would I set this rod up and what guides should I use? Thanks :-}

Breezy, go to rodbuilding.org and search spiral, you'll be reading for a while. It's not a very complex process, but you want to do it properly. As far as guides, you can use BNLGs. Size is going to depend partially on your spiral set up. Do a little reading and get the grasp of spiral wrapping. If it does't make any sense after that, I can give you a run down, but I'm too lazy to type it now.

Ok I read all the threads that had something to do with spiral wrapping but Im still a little confused. It seems that 0-60-120-180 is the most basic spiral set up and you use at least 5 guides. Some threads were saying to use at least 10 guides for a 7ft rod, isnt that overkill? Im also a little confused about the size of the guides, some threads said to use all one size guide, except for the stripper, is this necessary? :-}

email me at vivonab@colsonservices.com. I got tired of typing the same thing over and over as well and finally drafted a docment.

Guides, buy yourself 1 size 20 high frame (BSVLG), 1 size 20, 16 BNLG's. What size line (leader & braid) are you using, and what size tip? Casting is important, right, and you'l have how long of a leader?

how you answer these questions will determine how small a guide you can use for the Running guides.

It's really not that hard, you just have to play around to get teh hang of it.