Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IsmailG

XS 91 MHS vs GSB 108 1L

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Ok, Im gotta admit Im a little confused. I cant seem to find the blank for Lami XS 91 MHS, is it only a factory built rod, or is the blank itself sold under a different name? Also if you had to choose between a GSB 108 1L and a XS 91 MHS for thrwoing bombers and light plugs in the surf, and some times off jettys which one would be better suited for those conditions? Thanks for your help.

Ismail, the XS designation is the factory rod. That series is built on the GSB blanks. The GSB 108 1L is rated 1/2-2 1/2 and I believe is no longer offered as a factory rod. The GSB 108 1M is rated at 1-3 and is offered as the XS 91 MH. I don't own either blank...I took a GSB 120 1L and took a foot off the butt.

The XS91MHS is built on the GSB108 1M blank - there is no factory rod built on the GSB108 1L blank.

And to answer the pluggin' question - they will both throw bombers and up - the 1M would be preferred if you were using mono and the 1L if you are using braid smile.gif I have them both and that's the way it works outwink.gif

TimS

Orb - I'm only kidding. I find myself going through the blank catalouges and wanting each one. Tuna rods, Catfish sticks, fly rods - everything. I even want the blanks that I already have seen and don't even like, just to want to have it.