Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandflee

LAMI 1364M

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

well after my unfortunate breaking of 2 croix sticks in a week i've decieded to go Lami Glass..

this is gonna be used primarily as a South Shore heaver 1364M and would like to begin building ASAP what i'm looking for is some help as far as guide sizes tip-top size (goin titanium carbide) and final rod length, I do drive a car so would like to cut it down to 10 1/2' or so..... i have a friend helping me build the stick cause he has experience in doing so, just looking filter out the guess work. thanks in advance for replies...

Do a search. I just built one for ErikT, he gave it a mini-review a few days ago, and compared it to a St. Croix he had used for chunking.

I am not a fan of pre-planned spacing, but I must admit I had a few problems with this rod, mainly because it was the first surf rod I built (actually any rod I built) that bent all the way into the handle.

Guide sizes, 25-20-16's to the tip. You determine how many 16's. I ended up placing the stripper 32" from the center of the seat, I know someone else who is at 36".

Mine is always fished 8 or 10 oz plus bait and goes as follows:

BNLG 25-20-16-12-12-12-12-12sic tip

31" butt to reel seat center

36" reel seat center to stripper

That's full length, if you must cut it down take 4in from tip and 12' from butt, or just buy the 10ft Lami 1215M, which is exactly what you'll have after you cut it...

biggrin.gif

Using the 16's and big surf top is the key to keeping the line off the blank under load. Make certain you do a stress distribution test as this blank flexes a lot. I love mine biggrin.gif