Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Fort Washington Show

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Is this Show in the middle of March? If so I'd like to see who else is going and get a nice group of guys to show up. The more the merrier, if it's in 2 months, that will give us 2 months to make plans. HEck, if we get enough interest, we could see if there is a room we could meet & hang out in, show off rods, etc.

I'm in contingent on my sons Baseball schedule, that is Piority #1 for me, but I would like to get as many guys together as possible at this show.

Whuddaya say?

Ed J, is there much saltwater stuff at the FT wash show or is it MAINLY FLY stuff? i have not gone to that show,dont know what to expect,do they have a list of exhibtors?

It's the same show as the Somerset show as far as I know. The big addition is the rod wrapping stuff. That is why I plan to go. If it weren't for the rod stuff I'd just go to Somerset.

There is a fair amount of salt stuff at Somerset, so I would guess Ft. Wash. (FW) would be the same. A google search of fly fishing show will get you to their web site, a list of exhibitors for FW is not up yet.

Paul - even if it is mostly fly stuff, if we can get enough people there interested in Rod Building, we can possibly generate interest by more Manu's to show up at future shows in the Northeast.

Ed - you ever wrap that FW Fluke blank? I'm curious to hear what you think if you have.

KML - I don't knwo how much they will have, but have heard there will be a section with Rod Building stuff. Something on a much smaller scale than Charlotte. I'm sure if theer are enough builders who show p, next year there will be more. If nobody shows up, then next year will be back to all Fly Fishing, and "we" will have screwed ourselves.

There's a huge market here in the NorthEast, not only for Rodbuilding but fishing in general. We are located in teh section of the country where we have teh most people, and ZERO Manufacturers. West Coast has EVERYTHING, but the Manu's out theer are starting to realize there is a lot of potential to market tehir products over here, but the interest has to be there from "us". Right now the people advertising products in th eNorth East are those of us who buy something and tell everyone else how good it is.

Blnk Manufacturers sponsor Tuna trips out there, you show up on a boat, and there are 50 top of the line reels on custom rods for guys to test out on teh trip. They are willing to spend the money to advertise/market, but imo "we" have to give them a reason to come out here to do so.

If there is a section with rod building stuff that is reason enough for me to attend. I would love to go to something like Charolette but it is just not in the cards to get away for the whole weekend. Ft. Wash is a bit more of a drive than Somerset but the rod building section would make the difference for me.

The only other example that I can think of where manufacturers put rods in the hands of potential customers out here is through a sponsorship program with charter captains. I know one guy who gets some rods at a good discount from a couple of different manufacturers to use in his charter business.

I would love to go to something like Charolette but it is just not in the cards to get away for the whole weekend. Ft. Wash is a bit more of a drive than Somerset but the rod building section would make the difference for me.

Well, what I'm trying to say is how about something like Charlotte in Fort Washington, or Somerset? What do you think it would take to get something like Charlotte up here?

That is what I'm trying to figure out, if anyone would like to offer some suggestions or opinions, I'm all ears. I'm thinking of going to Charlotte to see what it would take face to face with teh people put everythign together. I doubt I'll have the time neccesary, but it really can't hurt to try - worst thing that happens is I enjoy myself in Charlotte.

I heard that there just isn't enough room at Somerset for the rod building stuff to be there with the fly stuff, that is why Ft. Washington was chosen.

Fort Washington will work just fine. It's a little closer than Charlotte, North Carolina & Nashville, Tennesee.

Maybe you sand sissies can challenge the fly flishing Polics to a Jousting event. lol.

Rapt - I'm gonna call and find out how much is a booth. Maybe we can get a bunch of guys to kick in some money for one. I dunno?