Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

A moment of your time please :-)

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I'd just like to take this moment from a busy day to say sumthin'.

Al, I want to sincerely thank you for your efforts in this forum and on the site as a whole. I never intended to start building my own sticks, yet now it seems there's always one in the works smile.gif Your input and enthusiam and willingness to share does not go unnoticed and I for one am pleased and very honored to have you be a part of this site. smile.gif

TimS

Thanks Tim,

It has been a pleasure to contribute and pass on that knowledge. I have also met a great bunch of guys on the board. It's funny that prior to posting on SOL I was posting on the Westcoast rodbuilding board, and again met some great guys on the other coast as well as Singapore and Malaysia. There is a worldwide comraderie among fishermen.

With the recent hubbub on the board, all I can say it that it will pass. Let's stay focused and have fun.

Al

Al, I have never posted a question here, but I must say this is one of my must check forums every day thanks to your knowledge, experience and thorough answers you give to the guys. I've built about 15-20 rods over the years (still a hacker), but the one I built this year came out the best yet, thanks largely to the advice you offer here. I'm already looking forward to a couple I have planned this winter. Thanks a million. BR

"Broken Rod"...hehehe...looks like you need to talk to Al wink.gif Sorry..couldn't resistsmile.gif

Seriously, welcome Broken Rod, Al has saved hundreds, if not thousands, from some of the aggravations associated with rod building here!

Now if he could just find a convenient way to ship 1 piece 11ft rods across country for like $5! wink.gif

TimS

Tim and Al,

As I've said before, AL is a true asset to the rodbuilding community, the fishing community, and this site. Al's forum is the reason I started visiting SOL.

I have had the fortune to meet with Al and speak to him, and he has helped me more than the stack of books that I read before I met Al. I still ask him the simple ones just to make sure I'm on track.

Thanks again to the both of you for enabling me to immerse myself in the two things I love - fishing and getting ready to fish.

Phil