Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reel Adduction

Baston Rod for Castng Eels

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I would like to build a 8' Baston/Rainshadow blank for casting eels. I have a couple of blanks in mind I was hopeing someone tell me what one would be better. They are SWS696 composite 20-40lb and the SW967 graphite 15-25lb.

I would like something on the stiff side like the All Star BGSW968. I read the the rainshadow SU line is the same as the All Stars but there is no 8' blanks in that line only a 9 foot, the SU1087 12-25lb. If I took a foot of the butt of the 9 foot would that be to much. I know it will change the action to a more moderate action.Any input will be appreciated.

I would like to build a 8' Baston/Rainshadow blank for casting eels. I have a couple of blanks in mind I was hopeing someone tell me what one would be better. They are SWS696 composite 20-40lb and the SW967 graphite 15-25lb.

I would like something on the stiff side like the All Star BGSW968. I read the the rainshadow SU line is the same as the All Stars but there is no 8' blanks in that line only a 9 foot, the SU1087 12-25lb. If I took a foot of the butt of the 9 foot would that be to much. I know it will change the action to a more moderate action.Any input will be appreciated.

I have a 967, its good for #20. It has a very moderate action really won't toss more than 3 oz well. Take a look at a seeker black steel 270-8-h, a little faster action, good for 20 or 25 and will toss 5 oz ok and cast a 3oz hopkins 100 yards or so.