Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob S.

GUIDE QUESTION for XRA 1204

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Building on XRA-1204 1 piece- spinning - with a VS 200 to be on the rod. QUESTION considering using perfection wire guides 50 40 30 20 16 or maybe fuji's 40HH then 30 25 20 16. Any thoughts, recomendations appreciated.

Am I way off thinking I want 6 guides on my 1204 cwm13.gif ??

Fuji BSVLG's in 50, 40, 25, 20, 16, 16, with a 12 SIC tiptop was what I was planning.

What do you think???

Alan

I just finished building that blank, I used Fuji BSVLG guides, 40 25 20 16 12 and tip (fuji alconite BMNAT) this setup worked great for me. using a VS - 200. wink.gif

I ain't a Pac Bay guy, but if you're gonna use wire guides, look at their TiCH guides. Since Mildrum SRA guides are gone I think they're about the next best wire guide.

perfection makes the best wire guides. hardened chrome finish that will not chip, unliike mildrums, which sucked anyhow. tich are nice, but finish will eventually wear off. it's just an annodized coating.

Forget the wire.

Fuji 40HH, then BSVLG 25 20 16 12 and BMNAT16 tip. Same guides are available in SIC.

First guide should be about 36 to 40 inches from the reel face so five guides is enough.

Alternate setup Fuji Alconites BMNAG series as above.

Steve

I'd go with the Fuji's, if you want to do wire the Pac Bay Tich are superior to any other wire guides I've ever used...problem is like any wire guides the frames are low to the blank, so careful placement of the stripper is in order wink.gif