In This Thread We Ask MickRazz.....

Rate this topic

Mike

I'm expecting you to pick it up to make up for the loss of Slacker's ginormus post count. In the name of that noble cause, I create this space to give you a personal forum in which you can share your Magnificent Presence with the unwashed masses.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

Before I address all the naysayers I will give a very simple answer to your question. Because I WANT to. There..I feel better now.

jok3r...nice name by the way. I think I'll change mine to mic4kraz77z. I can cross eyes on the hookset with the best of them, thank you very much.

MitchellNJ, I can also ass hook tog...not a often as Snaps, but it does happen. Things NEVER get desperate for the MP...ever. My rod always does all the work, inside or out. Now, concerning the thought that I go inside and "dead stick"...that also never happens. My rod is always in my control.

Cougar, thank you for the respect that you show the MP. It will pay dividends.

Mike, there are no magic qualities in circle hooks and using them for tog. I'm not sure if they hook MORE tog for me, but the one's that get hooked stay hooked. I can't see how they work cause the water is usually to deep and kinda murky... maybe its the way the hook turns when the point grabs flesh but 98% of the tog I hook are in the upper jaw, behind those rubbery lips, almost touching the fishes eye. Its impossible for the tog to come unhooked in my opinion.

Oh, and don't bring any on the tog trip. Using something new may take you off your game, however small that may be.

The Magnificent Presence

Dear MP,

I have some blue crabs in my fridge. Can I freeze them and thaw them for tog bait?

Respectfully yours,

Mike

Frozen blue claws wouldn't be MY bait of choice. I frown on any bait that is not fresh. Furthermore, I have never found that blue claws performed well in NJ for some reason.

The Magnificent Presence