Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ahab7

Al Knows His Stuff- The Field Test

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

Al, Here's the field test report you asked for. When you presented back to me the Conoflex Sorcerer butts that you extended , my first thought was "those suckers look awfully long!" In fact, they now have the longest reel seat to butt-end distance of any rod I own. Yesterday, I took the two rods down to the local park where I often beat the winter doldrums with casting practice. Off in the distance is a fence which I never worried about because I never leaned into a cast while at the park. After a few warm up casts with the Sorcerer I, I gave it my normal (park throwing) effort and put the lead over the fence. Never did that before. I always knew I could reach the fence if I really leaned into a cast, but the park was not the place to do that. Your decision to add the extra length to the butts and, thus, extend the distance from butt end to reel seat added distance to my casts and reduced the effort needed. What else could a man ask for!!! As to the Sorcerer II, need to move to a bigger park to try that one out.

Thanks for a great job and for "knowing your stuff."

Paul