Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnthonyT

Al thanks

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Al,

I just wanted to thank you for all your advice while I was building my 8wt 10'6".

I just finished putting the inscription on last night and can't wait to us it. Yeh, I know it needs to rest for a week. Well saturday is a week, watch out.

I read a fair amount regarding the whole process and was fascinated with all the problems regarding the inscription. I'm glad to report the the quill pen and gold ink covered by High Build flexcoat, works great. No smearing and the ink dries very quickly...

Again thanks,

AnthonyT

Al,

Its sooner than you think... this weekend down in LBI...

Here is a kicker.. I got home late last night from fishing with my current fly rod, not the new one.... Yep weakies, but that's another story... and I found a freshly made and ironed fly rod cloth bag. It is partitioned, french seamed ( according to my loving wife ) and the real special part, she mongrammed it with my initials.

Again thanks for all the help and I'll give you the report... and we'll see if that extra guide 4" above the first stripper makes a difference....

Its funny, when I was testing the guide placements prior to wrapping, I was just taping them on by eyeball. When I actually wrapped and aligned the guides, I can't believe how off alignment I was. Given this, I was still probably having a fair amount of friction during the testing and it still cast fairly well... Can' wait biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks again,

AnthonyT

Al,

Well, I gave the rod the christening this weekend. Love it... Its slower than my Sage RPLXi 10wt but really haven't lost distance... I even think I have better accuracy with less effort...

Anyway thanks again,

AnthonyT

Tony,

Glad it came out well. The inreased accuracy is a rssult of the slower action allowing you to acheive improved timing and loading the rod better.

Good luck with it.

Al