Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tarheel100

Lamiglas Surf King- What's the Catch?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I recently discovered (and purchased) a Lamiglas Surf King. As a novice rod builder I was surprised by the price of the Surf King compared to other Lamiglas models. What's the difference in this rod and their other higher priced rods? I can't tell from their web site. Admittedly I've only fished it a few days in the Outer Banks surf, but it seems to have as good of an action and power as you could ask for for throwing 6 oz. and bait, especially given the price.

my buddy has both usa made and the surf king

he said it the same ,the only thing is the money you spend. don't forget the laber cost it's cheap

in china .then in the usa. lamigal send all the blanks ,guides and reel seat to them.

it still a lamiglas. but it cheaper.for the surf king

the FISH WILL NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENT!!!!!! JUST YOUR WALLET!!!!

eddie

[ 01-10-2004, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: sandman ]

The other difference, and Lamiglas has not been good at advertising this, is that since the SK is buily in China it only has a 1 year warranty unlike their other rods which are lifetime on the blanks and workmanship.

Can't really blame Lamiglas for the one year warranty on the rod, its not made here and have to assume they're making it to compete with the lower priced Tica and Tsunami imports.

Same blank, same reel seat, same guides. Sent all the way around the world to be assembled, for less than you can buy the comparable Lamiglas blank retail? That's a pretty vivid indicator of the retail markup. I need to get some of that wholesale action.