Sinker style

Rate this topic

icecavs7

nine times out of ten, i just throw the standard 4 sided in 5, 6, 7, 8oz :D

(save the mojo's in fear of loosing them)

never have used the sputniks, but the two i got from a buddy, are not supposed to tangle, no need for me to really try tho

I use what you call euro's in the picture, both here in Scotland and in DE/AI. Mostly 5 and 6ozs. One good tip if you're using this style is to bend the last 1/2 inch of wire on each 'prong' so that it points the same way as the wire in the lead. They grip better that way. My problem with pyramid and FT leads is the retrieve. Feels like you're stuck every turn of the handle!!! :D

Phil

I keep six honest serving-men (They taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When, And How and Where and Who.

Lucky, I use them for all my shore fishing rigs, from pennell pulley's to simple kingfish type rigs.

I always make sure the bottom hook doesn't extend as far as the sinker, that way there's no tangling on kingfish rigs. The ones I use now are called Namix leads and were originally made by a guy in Wales, although moulds are readilly available.

Phil

I keep six honest serving-men (They taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When, And How and Where and Who.

dang some of these post belong on alens ,closet gambling addicts . now I have tied 2 sinkers together before to hold bottom , threw 10s a long time ago , still have the same sinkers threw them one time an that was it , was thinking of cutting them down to a 7 or close to it hum cut them in half an I got 5s :D:shock::beers::hi5::read:

there used to be a guy in va beach(?) area that made custom molds ...

don't know if he is still in business or not ....

other thing to do is get a 7 and make a bondo or rubber mold ......

ok , brain just kicked into gear :shock:

google collins sinker molds

he doesn't show a 7 0z in his site but i know he used to make them ..

derf

• 6 years later...

Another blast from the past.  FWIW I had a Collins mold...poured a couple buckets full of 7s and gave the mold to Chris.  That mold made 6.8 oz sinkers from wheel weights and I'd guess with lead it would be 7.0.  I use those 6.8 sinkers 95% of the time and 8 or 10 only if I really have to.