Sinker style

Rate this topic

icecavs7

Don't know about the mold for em but them sinkers load my 1502's just right, got three left from the original batch but the old man been stingy with the lead lately, no amount of softsoapin' or BS has got me any more.....even after I showed him where to fish.........course if I was to receive some more I might do a little more research in to where the fish are actually located...........

hey have you given him any lead to make you some , ghess tight wad,now what mr z is not telling you is lol , that the 3 sided ones that he makes are longer in length , then what you can buy in a store ,they hold better , so make sure that your mold is longer then an actual sinker store bought , O btw I have given mr Z lead. some old sinkers I had ,from r trolling an stuff , years ago.to, many to count . lol I use to put 2 2oz sinkers on or 2 3 oz sinkers on . to hold bottom , usely 3 sided or 4 . I have the frogs ,the sputnicks an some others .an I don't go past 8 oz to throw , if that doen't hold then I move to another place ,doesn't matter how fishie it might look ,an I always do the famous chant , fishie fishie in the brook come an get on my hook ,to many different sinkers in your box makes your head spin, on what to use , 3 an 4 sided takes care of that .:beers::D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveZ View Post

Smart men pack up & go home.

Or at least old, weak men do.

I am neither weak, nor old but if I can not hold bottom with a 10 or 12 I would rather be at the sandwich shop!  I can not imaging what it would feel like to launch a 16oz piece of lead lol!:manpig:  That is just a hog of a weight!

(*member formerly known as 'rookie surf')

I am neither weak, nor old but if I can not hold bottom with a 10 or 12 I would rather be at the sandwich shop! 

I hear that. I once, in a moment of madness, threw 14s. Like casting a brick. A big, dead brick. Have used 12s but I ain't gonna do it again. If a 10 oz hatteras sinker won't hold I'm off to the sandwich shop with ya.

It's all fun to talk about but I ain't even gonna throw a sputnik.

Sputniks are pretty nice until one breaks loose and follows the current along wrapping up your mixed spread of braid and mono lines in the water, at night.

Or if you're fishing at night and it get's caught up around the shoreline dropoff momentarily and then breaks loose and goes airborne right at you :shock: I've had that happen with a pyramid and had it hit me in the face ... scary moment but only pride was wounded. Mine are locked up in the gun safe :)