Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Domer

Custom Rodbuilder's Guild Conclave

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Who's going to the Conclave in Nashville Jan 10-13? I'll be arriving solo on Friday morning and would enjoy meeting other SOL rod builders while I'm there.

I will get there Thursday afternoon. I will be an instructor for the rodbuilding class that starts that evening (as a warmup for helping Al on Feb. 9th). Any of you SOLers please track me down so I can meet you.

Hugh Miller

Have a great time. Don Morton has put together a fabulous program and there will be lots of manufacturers and distributors displaying their goodies.

Please say hello from me to Dick French, Don Morton, BD Ehlers and a whole bunch of seasoned Rodcrafter members that will be in attendance.

Hugh, good luck with the basic workshop. See you in February. I sent you the 2002 schedule of events.

Al G.

I had an excellent time at the conclave--learned a lot, met a bunch of wonderful and talented people, had fun, and came back with a few goodies. I'm sorry I missed meeting Hugh Miller. Besides learning techniques from some of the best rod builders, I also really enjoyed talking to some of the manufacturers, like Todd Vivian from Lamiglas, Gary Loomis, Jason Brummer from St Croix, the Batsons from Rainshadow--just to name a few.

Al, you should have heard Bernie Cohen when I asked if he knew you! He was sitting across the table from me at breakfast and saw on his name tag that he was from Brooklyn. He said that everyone was asking about you and wondering why you weren't there.

Domer,

I am in California on business and could not be at the Conclave. I am glad you enjoyed the event. Alot of hard work and planning went into it.

Al