Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rollcast

star rod blanks

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where you can get star blanks? I'am looking for the nickel lite 9' and 11'6" both in casting. I have a 11'6" model but I know they make a heavier one in the same length. I've been looking for a while now and can't seem to come up with anything. Thanks, Rollcast

To the very best of my knowledge, Star has never had a blank program of any sort and only offers finished rods, and I'm fairly certain they have discontinued all of the bigger surf-sized rods in the Nickelite series so looks like no good news for you at all on this one, sorry to say.

I am unaware of the 11'6 model. I'm not doubting you at all I just didn't know.

I have a 10' nickle and it's rated to 8 oz. although it really maxes out with 8'n bait. More of a pluggin rod than a bait stick.

Anyway, I know they have stopped making the bigger rods in nickle and they are only making them in stellar lite or some other name. The ratings are the same though. I would call Star rods @ 888-782-7763 and ask if they have any of the rods around they'd be willing to sell you. They would be finished though.

Also they are located at

Star-Rods

8538 Northwest 64th Street

Miami, FL 33166

ET

And for what it's worth, I own lami's, st. Croix's and Star.. My Star-Rods are the best I have and the most used by me. They are a lot more versatile then the others which seem to only fill a specific niche.

my .02