Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cephalopholis

Where can this be found?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I saw it mentioned here a while back, thought the idea sounded way cool, and have been looking EVERYWHERE (in vain), so I could try it out...

Tennis racket grip tape!

Oh i can find small packets with short strips but, I need a piece about 10 feet long. I got a short piece and dry wraped it around my blank.

I instantly fell in love with the look and feel-

now I GOTTA get some to put on for real...but from where? Does anyone know where you can get this stuff on long rolls, by the foot, or yard?

The longest I've found is around 36" for baseball bats. If I can't get it any longer can I splice the pieces together or, will that just make too many seams that will peel away? HELP-i'm fixated!

trgrip.JPG

I saw the cinelle--don't like that at all!

(not that they didn't do a good job-just not my taste)

Bicycle tape is NOT for me..too thin.

The tennis racket tape holds up to sweat, water, etc.,is cushioned and more like a leather than a foam, but lighter than leather.

Heck I wrapped my black leather belt around the blank and I even liked that better!Anyone know of a source for getting thin leather stapping in lenght anywhere?

I've even tried horse tack catologs (leather reigns) but still no luck! waaah.gif

Yes....I've seen it in ALL the sport goods shops but....it's only like 16" long - I need around 10 feet!

So again I ask.... I can wrap 3 baseball bat grips of the same material (it's longer but still only 36") but, having to angle splice them together, will this leave unacceptable seams that will quickly unravell making it "NOT worth it" ?

confused.gif

I didn't see the picture when I first posted. I believe Biscayne Bay in Florida sells LEather which people use on Offshore Trolling rods, which they apply over cork. I do not know how it will work on a bare blank.

If you do some research, I'm sure someone who lives in Florida can put you on teh right track. If you try, and cannot come up with anything, let me know.

I FOUND IT!!!

lg_smile.gif

put out by a company going by the name of "Forten Corp"

the only problem is it on comes in rolls of 150 feet- GULP_ and I bit the bullit and bought it ($50.00) I'll post a review and pics when I'm done.

If anyone else is interested I'd be glad to sell some surpluss. here's a pic...

batgrip.jpg

I always do an ebay search for most things like this . When I was searching for shrink tube I found a 300' roll there for $30 . Enough for me and all my friends ....

I know a fisherman who has a rod with something similar. He reoported that it got very slick when wet.

Can you please keep us informed as to how your stuff works out? Each brand of tape could be different.

Thanks!!!!

Stroth