Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Al Goldberg

Quick Review of the Edison Show

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Don't waste your time.

As I heard from another attendee, there were more beef jerky vendors than fishing tackle booths.

Nuf said.

[This message has been edited by Al Goldberg (edited 01-11-2002).]

I didn't want to be one to start this thread because I wasn't really shopping hard for antything in particular. I did notice a distinct lack of deals on anything worth (IMHO) owning. Lots of Junk and trinkets.

Highlights were the guy who sells rope and stuff and the Boys from M&J Jerky (by far the best).

I did score 2 small spatulas for mixing expoxy.

gadwall

Jim,

Sorry I missed you at the show, I got stuck in the office late.

I did manage to buy a few things: I stocked up on my annual supply of split-tail grubs from the Worm Lady; bought 2 pair of clip-on sunglasses; and lucked out with the ropeguy and bought large storage hooks to store blanks in the shop.

I hope the Nassau Coliseum Show next week will be better.

Al

I was in Maryland heading home to the Island so I thought I'd swing by. Arrived in lot at about 1:30, there was a line about 100 yards long. I get a little homicidal if I get jostled too much (don't like crowds)so I split. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Will go to Nassau show next week because it's close to here, but will likely wonder why I went after I go (happens every year). Seems to me the only show really worth going to is the Suffern show (2/28 to 3/3 this year).

Wen`t on thursday. stocked up on 1 1/2 oz gibbs pencil poppers for 8 bucks each, and alot of rubber baits for freshwater from the lady. every year the jerky guys out number the tackle booths. no deals here - never are. once and while you find a deal like i found with the gibbs penciles.

------------------

Ryan

One more cast!

Hi. There is a new show coming to Long Island this March8-10. It will be held at the Suffolk Comm Collrge Campus in Brentwood.

It and other shows are listed on back pagwe of this weeks LIF

Capt Neil

PS. I will be helping Capt John at his Shinnecock Star booth this Thurs thru Sunday at the Nassau Colesium Show.

Foo. I'm hoping Nassau isn't same situation.

Thinking of going out Friday night to check out Nassau (saving the full Saturdays for Freeport or Somerset Fly Show).

Al, you spending all day Sat?

-Ben

------------------

fww.gif