Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedneckfromRI

Blue ringed Amtak Guides?

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Anyone use these things yet?

Opinions? Pros and cons?

Seeing as I want to wrap my Rainshadow 1087 with royal blue and silver I thought they would go nice but not if they arent up to snuff? Compared to Fuji Hardloy?

Thanks

Russ

Russ, I haven't had the opportunity to test them side by side but I did take a good look at them in Nashville this last weekend and they looked to be of very good quality. On top of that they were pretty sharp looking.

Todd

I have used them.

I had a customer that wanted a spiral wrapped boat rod in red white and blue.

I used the blue guides, double white underwrap and red guide wraps. To me it looked like a 70's tube sock. He loved it.

The guides are very pretty, especially if you use a subdued color scheme like all blue.

Here's the description.

The blue guide area is very shiny and slick and from what I can tell, it's pretty tough. some of the guides have a different color to each other, so if you want them all exactly the same, the best bet would be to buy a few extras.

The frame is fairly strong, but not as strong as fuji. The metal is easier to bend than fuji. The frame looks a bit more like it's stamped out of metal, like the edges are a bit sharper overall than fuji.

To me they seem best for fresh water - light saltwater, but they are very pretty.

Hi Guys,

I was alerted to this post I thought I'd add my two cents.

Amtak now known as American Tackle sells the blue titanium/zirconia guides with hardness factors approaching SIC.

We are presently retooling our guides to have the strongest guide frames in the industry. The gauge of the stainless will increase to exceed Fuji's and PacBay's. The feet will be ground on all our guides now and the plating or deposition in the case of our Titanium Carbide (TiCH) coating, will go on after grinding to insure that the guide feet won't rust. We grind the ID's of our rings to give you a round ID to reduce line wear and reduced friction for further casts and we use Zirconia rings not Titanium Oxide like our competition. Zirconia is much harder and stronger while maintaining tremendous flexibility.

We were out to make the best guide on the market and we think we have succeeded. We now offer the Titanium/Zirconia rings in silver, gold, blue and now the hottest guide on the horizon the Holographic.

We now have added 50 mm guides to the line! You'll now have a choice on a 50 mm guide in all the colors above in the V-Frame style. We debuted them at the show and people were loving them especially in our TiCH and gold ring and the Frosted and Blue ring.

Look for the 50's 2/15 in the retooled frame as well as the much anticipated Holographic ring.

Use our guides they're the best guide on the market period and they'll save you money. The gap in quality that existed in the past has been reversed.

Warmest Regards, Joe Meehan, American Tackle co.

Hi Joe,

Could you send me a sample of the new guides.

I purchased a set of your Blue Ringed Guides

from Mudhole.com last year and was really dissappointed when I received them.

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

Welcome aboard. It's nice to have another manufacturer/supplier on board. The board is quite lively and allot of great sharing of information takes place.

Were you at the Nashville Conclave? I was not able to make the Nashville Conclave due to preparing for my New England Workshop this weekend. I hear the Conclave was a great success.

Al

Al Joe was at the conclave and had displayed the guides the holographic was something to see. Only time will tell regarding the quality but I understand that they went to a considerable ammunt of time and expense in improving the quality.

John