Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob-s

fuji lc surf guides

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

just what are these lcsg guides i see talk of in the new mudhole rag, should i buy one to get a closer look ? whats the skinny on them.

what is the application for them?

thanks for any insite provided

These are the Fuji SIC Low Rider Surf Guides. Sergio on this site has been using them extensively down in Mexico surfcasting for roosterfish with great results. An English rodbuilding buddy has used them for distance surfcasting in England. With their recommendation I recently wrapped them on a 14-foot Zziplex surf rod and waiting to receive a field report from the owner.

Here is what I have heard so for. Great on spinning with braided line. Does not work as well with mono. No feedback on how they perform when set up as a conventional.

The guides sit low to the blank and the largest ring size is #20. I believe they are an offshoot of the Concept system of using smaller guides laying closer to the blank for increased casting performance.

Hi Al... Have you heard any news about this 14' Zziplex?

It depends on the angler but I am not so sure if the LCs can handle the speed on such a long and powerful rod.

I love LCs for fishing purposes but I am not sure yet about their behaviour on these extremelly powerful rods whe casting lead weights. I am waiting for Peter Thain to report results on his Zziplex XTR using PowerPro 15 lb on the LCs. Peter holds almost all of the UKSF distance records on spinning reels so his veredict will be final.

Something else... have you heard someting about Gag's Grabbers' "Bluefish Bomb" changing its name to the "Tuna bomb". Are these lures in production wit the "Tuba Bomb" name?

Thanks and best wishes.

Sergio