Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
petergulickjr

"Affordable" 8nBait rods

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I've done a "heaver" search here and found a lot great information, unfortunately much of it on rods costing more than I can afford right now, the Lamiglas, St Croix, Breakaways, etc. This is for my first dedicated 8nBait only setup and I'd like to spend $150±, and it must be a 2 piece (yeah I know). So that leaves me looking at some of the following so far:

- Tica 11'6" XH 5-10oz

- Daiwa Sealine X XH 11'3" 8-10oz

- Pinnacle - not sure of the model but saw someone here on the board mention one.

I'll probably pair it with a Penn Mag 525 or a new reel I'm looking at perhaps something in the Abu 7000 series.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Peter G

Bass Pro Shops has a 12 footer that is around 100 bucks called the oceanmaster... it's a tank and will cast a ton.... understand that if you want something for 8 total oz, imho this is not the rod.. tough to load with less than 8nbait for most mortals.... I'd try it over the pinnacle though both are very good...

I've seen that sealine and i think it is nearly identical to the pinnacle...

The BPS Ocean MAster does seem nice, but I think it's a one piece. Unfortunately I need a 2 piece, for space reasons & those times when I travel somewhere via plane where I will want to use the rod.

Thanks

'Peter

The Ocean Master 12' does look very appealing to me. I have also heard other folks say it is a bit tough to load. I'm not the tallest guy but I'm pretty solid & strong.

In my ignorance of weight & ratings I'm suprised I have not snapped my poor 10' Penn Spinfisher throwing bait.

Thanks

Peter