Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John E

Lami GSB 132 1M

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Al,

I was thinking of building this blank for myself as a spinner and have the following questions? Oh yeah, probably will be using fireline.

1. Would you recomment the same guides (high frame surf) and spacing as Ismail's SB 1363M as a starting point?

What size reel seat (18 or 20)?

Exactly what is the difference between Fuji's DPSD and DPSM reel seats?

Lami says it is a size 11 tip. I can't find these anywhere in a 20 ring size. Do they make an 11 or does the tip need to be cut back to a 12 if I want to use these tops?

Thanks,

John E skunk.gif

[This message has been edited by John E (edited 07-24-2001).]

John,

You can get away with using just 5 guides for this blank since it's graphite. 40HH, 30H, 25H, 25M and 20M. Use the BPST standard tip since Fuji has discontinued the 20 ring size. You may be able to get a tip with a #16 ring. Do not trim the tip.

The difference in the seats is that one is the deluxe model and one is the economy model. Go with the deluxe, the price difference is negligable. I would go with a 20 or 22 seat. Go with the smaller seat, depending on which seat will fit both the blank and your reel.

Al

[This message has been edited by Al Goldberg (edited 07-24-2001).]

Al,

Should I add a 16 size guide to match the 16 top? Or will the 20 (guide) to 16 (top) transition be okay? Also, what's a good tool to measure the blank diameter where I want the reel seat?

John E skunk.gif