John E

The Lami's Done

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

GSB1321M. No cracks about the wall paper wink.gif

Lami_butt_assem1.jpg

Quick grip with 50lb. mono underneath.

Lami_handle_assem.jpg

Added some HT Braid to the tie off wraps. There is also a blue trim band on each end that's a little hard to see.

Lami_buttwrap_final.jpg

There is silver insets in the overwraps as well. The picture doesn't show them very well. The overwraps were started past the underwraps so the blue does not show on the end of the wraps. The guide is a Fuji 40HH.

Lami_guide.jpg

[ 05-28-2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: John E ]

Thanks Gads!

Terry,

The grip material is a rubber shrink tubing called "Quick Grip". Got it from a local rod builder. You have to use a heat gun or propane torch to heat it up (very carefully). The diamond pattern was created by placing 50 lb. mono on the blank before the shrink tubing was installed. You can also use the tubing without the mono and lightly sand it on a lathe. It's alot less abrasive than cork tape and should hopefully save some wear and tear on my waders.

John

Nice wall paper, how long did that take to hang? Did you design it or is it factory? wink.gif Nice rod to. biggrin.gif That shrink wrap looks good. I think in my next one I may add some color My first two have been all black.

Beautiful job John, like the color choices on the guide wraps. That shrink wrap looks alot like the stuff Ron Dietrich was using when he was building rods for Van Staal. Anybody carries it mailorder, would like to give it a try?