Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - December

Rate this topic

159 posts in this topic

This weekend I fished bunker chunks in the Delaware Seashore State Park and Fenwick Island.  Saturday my friends and I were on the beach the majority of the day catching a total of three bass, two of them were shorts and the one keeper measured 35”.  There was a bunch of seaweed where we were fishing which with the wind made for challenging conditions.  Stomach contents of the bass consisted of what looked to be a small bunker and another fish I was unable to identify.   No sand eels.

Sunday morning I fished solo bouncing around to a few different places until I finally found some water that looked very fishy.  There was nice cloud cover with the impending snowstorm; I thought conditions were perfect but not a touch all morning for me.  Hit the road for the slow journey back to Bryn Mawr, PA from the Delaware beaches in the snow.  Good luck out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxdad View Post

That boy is fat. More than 15 lbs for sure. 20 plus. Nice catch no doubt

Take note that I have my arms extended in the picture…this helps to ensure that the catch looks impressive.  :)

Skunked tossing lures one evening and got a dogfish while soaking bait as I tossed lures another evening this past week in mid-OC surf. Gave AI a try on Saturday and found some very good looking water not too far down from the entrance. I didn't mess with pups and just focused on tossing lures and soaking bait for bass. I was glad to see a little life in the surf as baits where at least being chewed on at times by crabs and gulls spent an hour in the cut hovering and diving at the surface. Nothing on lures, but got two dogfish on bait and a............. wait for it.......... 29" bass :shock: Although, it hit very light and didn't really put up any fight until it was in the wash but, just like the last several years, I can at least say I got one fall run bass from the surf on Delmarva this year.

The funny part was when I cleaned one of the dogfish and the bass they both had one of my discarded bunker heads in them already. I guess I can let them soak longer next time!

Good finally running in to you and chatting too, John!

Good to see you Brian,glad you got one.Seems like there are a few around, I'm not done yet.