Delmarva Fishin' Reports - December

Rate this topic

luckyOC

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? ;)

...Hopefully a few nice bass appear in the surf this month

My last fishing trip to AI this year and I was greeted with a beautiful morning. To fish. Conditions were excellent but the fish forgot to show. All baits untouched but did notice a fair number of birds working hundreds of yards offshore. Did get to see a large snowy owl sitting on the beach - very cool. Can't wait until spring.

Anti-social Fisherman

Man I can NOT wait to get back on to the beach with my buddies!  If it was calculated correctly my next chance is in around 150 days!  Missed the entire fall due to an injury from a car accident and now sitting here in a hard collar 5 days post op reading fishing reports!  If I can not actively participate at least I am able to live through the eyes of you all! 

(*member formerly known as 'rookie surf')

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookie surf View Post

Man I can NOT wait to get back on to the beach with my buddies!  If it was calculated correctly my next chance is in around 150 days!  Missed the entire fall due to an injury from a car accident and now sitting here in a hard collar 5 days post op reading fishing reports!  If I can not actively participate at least I am able to live through the eyes of you all! 

If that's the case, We got skunked Sunday. 

Sorry!

Get well soon. 

Boat fished Friday, trolled the ocean for stripers - NADA.

Surf fished Delaware Saturday managed to catch one puppy drum 24" late in the day. No stripers; all baits were coming back untouched.

So do I get credit for the catch or not, story goes: I had been working a cut in close all day with a simple top bottom puppy drum rig (that I made)....I rarely take my eyes of my rods. Sooooo, as I was teaching my son how to cast a conventional reel, my buddy saw my rod twitch, picked it up, and reeled in the puppy drum, on MY rod that I had baited and casted. While I am glad he did, I will never hear the end of it :D

So do I get the credit for the fish or him?

Going to try again this weekend for a big bass - last shot at it for the season. Holidays are coming fast