Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Decorative Thread Demo at Workshop

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Is there anything specific you would like covered on decorative wrapping. I have someting planned, I just want to make sure I am prepared and cover all topics of interest. If I do not have time in my presentation I will make time during the day to answer questions.

Is anyone interested in seeing the Visualwrap software program? If so a laptop will be needed. For those not familiar, this program will show you the construction of the wrap, change colors, give you the layout, etc.

Billy

be sure an get a lap top with Win 98 or you will need one of the patches that are becoming available,another one I have to miss,guess I will have to go fishing before it gets to hot only 82 today

John

Billy,

Time permitting, I was hoping to see how a multi-colored weave is done.

I've got a laptop w/ Win98 let me know if you need it.

Thanks,

Quintin

Quintin - I am sorry, but I do not weave yet. Maybe there is someone else who will be in attendance who can show you. I would like you to bring along the laptop - I will contact you prior to the seminar to see if you can bring it with you. Thanks.

Billy

JPL the visual wrap program was designed for win 95 and above, some installation problems occured with win 95-me etc.Dave Boyle has been working on correcting these problems directly with the people who have had them and has corrected them, he is continuing to work out other kinks and is dedicated to solving all the problems the program is something to behold and well worth the money if you are into designing your own wraps.

John

Ed - will have a rod with a multi-axis butt wrap (only a double wrap though). I will quickly cover how to space a multi-axis wrap, as well as how to find the axis on teh blank. Starting a wrap - you mean how I mark the layout points, how I hold the the threads on teh blank, or how I hold the spool of thread in my hand while wrapping? Keep in mind, I do all my wraps one thread at a time, and not in bands.

JPL - I believe the program will workwith 95, 98, and 2000? I am not too sure about any other versions of Windows. Go to visualwrap.comand E-Mail David to find out 100% yourself.

Fencer - I will add a paragraph on this in the write up, and will speak to you on the side about doing this (I hope you will be able to pick me out of the 40+ guys there rolleyes.gif ) I am close to being done with my write up, a lot of which deals with the layout for Open and Closed wraps, single and double.

Fencer - I will have a few rods there where I shaded the background Rainbow colors with a Black St. John's Cross - as well as shaded guide wraps. I also strongly suggest ordering the back issue of Rodmaker magazine which has an in depth article in it covering this topic (this is where I learned how to do it - I believe it is ?May-June 2000?)

WOw, this was my first seminar. The stuff I wrote up here were what I used as a basis for my book, I just kept expanding on what I had wrote for this. I suckd so bad talking at this one, lmao I remembe rGadwall asking if Elke was the one who actually was doing the wraps on my rods. lol. I couldn't even get a word out, I went form hating doing those types of things, to reall enjoying them.

^^^ This post is hilarious!! lmao So true, I hated talking in front of a group, now I look forward to it. I was barely building for 2 years when I did this - what the hell are you guys building for years and years doing!?!??!?! It's not that hard! lol.

Hi Billy,

What is the possibility for you to video this? I would love to attend something like this but traveling from South Africa is a bit pricey for a workshop.LOL. I would buy the video if you can publish it on-line. There is allot I would like to see and learn from the masters. I'm doing all my work off thumb suck and looking at half hearted tutorials on-line.

Thanks

Mark Norval