Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobber

YETI coolers (or similar).... is there a better way??

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

so I keeo feeling like I should get one of these "better" brands of coolers (yeti, Engel, IcyTek, Pelican, etc.....) but I can't get over the HUUGE price tags.... I know its supposed to be a one-time purchase and I'll never need another cooler again. I keep most normal coolers for 3-4 years as it is- so that doesn't carry that much weight with me. Ilike the idea of keeping ice for days on end, and being able to use it as torage (or even shipping) for stuff on the boat.....

but $600 for the size I'm looking for is just TOO MUCH, isn't it?? it is still just a buncha plastic, right? a kayak has more material costs and is bigger/bulkier and is less expensive.....

anyone got a better way??

Before you spend that kind of money google a review on those coolers . Can't remember which one but either the igloo or the Coleman beat out a lot of the ones you mentioned. Yes I couldn't believe it either.

I have three Yetis. They will last a lifetime and do what they claim. Problem I have with them is they are very heavy. I mounted one in my boat and Ice stays for a few days even when opened many times. I know that some of the Colemans and other brands will do the same thing, but they may not last as long. But then again they are much cheaper in price.

You might research the coolers by Brute Outdoors. I have three of them, and love them. They have more features than yeti and are cheaper. Plus they are made in the USA. They are a relatively new company and based in Texas. I highly recommend them.

I have an icytek cooler that I bought about 6 or more years ago. It is a great cooler. It will last a lifetime. Still looks new and still holds ice the same as the day I bought it. Holds I've for at least a week. Has much better hinges and latches than the igloos. I've never had luck with them

A lot of my buddies picked the Pelican cooler over the Yeti. They love that the ice can last for 5-6 days no problem. Then again, the price tag that comes along with these coolers is you buy it once and it will last you forever.

I've read all the reviews and tried many of them but in the end the one that keeps ice the longest for me is my yeti. They are big bucks but they came through for me after hurricane sandy. They sent me a replacement cooler free of charge after I lost my yeti to the storm. My family didn't have power for about a month and the cooler was a necessity. Yeti gets a big thumbs up from me.

Yup..anything sold by tackle distributers like Merrick which is mud hole now..

If anyone knows of a distributor that sells them wholesale at a reduced price, let me know. I actually tried to get a new quality cooler through Mudhole for my business, and their coolers (Engel brand) were no cheaper to wholesale acts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flytyingguy1 View Post

Three? Must be selling a lot of knifes lol. Happy Thanksgiving my friend .-)

Yes we sell a ton of knives. I bought the Yetis after a show because the dealer didn't want to haul them back. Got them for less than cost and a few knives. Happy Thanksgiving!