Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marky1

PermaGloss ?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

I would like some fedback on this question..Is it okay to put on a coat of Permagloss over Dura Gloss,to make it THE final finish? I thought I ask before I go ahead and do it. Thanks in advance!

Marky,

Not sure about that. You will need to scuff the finish you have to degloss it. Unless the permagloss is hot enough to eat into the existing coat and is compatible as well.

Send an e-mail to U-40 products and ask. If nothing else Ralph will fry your a** and hand it back to you for asking smile.gif .

He's mad at me because I told him off for chewing me out in public. All I said is I use acetone and laquer for cleaning up epoxy. He told me to use denatured alcohol, which I now use, most of the time. Some of the epoxies I use need something nastier to clean up well.

CD

As long as you deglaz the previous finish. You should have no problem adding a new one.

I see you have meet the one and only Ralph O'Quinn. Ralph is a good ol boy Wa State. When you ask a question or make a statement Yhat Ralph disagrees with. You better have your ear plugs in and be wareing your flack suite. I like Ralph and his product line. Ralph is also a good showman and demenstrater. He is also a master of repairing broken rods