Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zim

Rod adoption story

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Had a guy call me up a couple of weeks ago and ask if I cut rods. Not knowing what he meant, I asked "off the tip? Off the butt?" he says "No, I want it cut in half cause I can't get it in my car." Oh, OK. Bring it in and let me take a look at it I told him. He came in the next day with the rod he wanted chopped into a two pc. A vintage Lamiglas S-Glass 10' one piece rod. I kind of laughed and said "Man, I ain't cuttn' this rod in half". I told him to look at the three racks of rods in the shop and take his pick of anything he wanted and I'd swap him.

He found a rod he was happy with and coughed up the S-Glass. I stripped it before the sun went down and wrapped it conventional (it was a spinner). I hung it up to sell and was looking at it for a couple of days when it started talking to me. It just wouldn't leave me alone.

Ever have that happen? Anyhow, I finally gave in and took it off the rack, slapped a dead mint red 140L Squidder on it, and put it on the correct rack in the shop. MY RACK! Couldn't help it. I see a lot of old rods and reels come through the shop and I realize I can't have em all, but evry once in a while I gotta break my rule. Man, what a combo. Sometimes life is good.

Saw it yesterday, sweet. icon14.gif

I still can't believe you can cast those Squidders. I was afraid I was going to blow it up just looking at it. I had to turn my eyes away, it was starting to shake and tremble. cwm31.gif