Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neil

TICA SA Spinnng Reels

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I know this is a rod building board but am hoping i can get some intell anyhow.While I will freely admit that spinning tackle has its place in the surf I still don't like em.That being said I need to buy a couple but know next nothin about how certain models hold up in the surf. Since I don't use them often Im not gonna buy a VS or a Shimano Stella but am willing though reluctant to spend up to about 150-160 for a good reel.

I'm no wet suiter.I;ve been dealing with "The Surfcaster" for many years and have never found anything that he carries to be wanting in preformance for the $ but he's just started carrying the"subject" reel this year so I'm wondering if any of you use one or know of those who do and how they've performed. The Surfcaster says no problems as yet.

Also what about the Mitchell Nautil,Okuma Epixor,or the Center Drag ABU's.

I've seen a lot of bad press on penn spinners in the last couple of years and know 5 who traded for either Daiwa or Shamino. All commentary will be deeply appreciated.Neil

Hi Neil, the Ticas I own are conventionals...I have no experience with the Tica Libra SA so I can't help you there. I've been fishing a nautil and I'm happy with it. Do a search on the main forum for nautil or libra and you'll get the dirt on them. They are both sold here also. http://www.stripersonline.net/cart/s...D=PUT_SID_HERE

Neil,

I have heard good thing about the Tica SA series and they were my first choice but a little hard to find in the smaller sizes. I have the Okuma Epixor EB-30 Live Bait and it works just fine. I also have the Okuma Fina FI-20 for light spinning and it is sweet too, just haven't caught any large fish on it to test the guts. Don't know about the others. Goodluck.

If you guys ever need a different size in a reel I stock here, just shoot me an email, I'll let you know immediately if/when/how much for that size. I've ordered lots of different sized reels for folks, including the 2500 and 3000 sized TiCA SA (Libra) - and without question, the Libra is one of the finest spinning reels out there - and for the price, it cannot be beat.

TimS

Tica is absolutely the the best precision that Chinese slave labor can buy. Smooth as glass. When there are no more American reel manufacturers, you'll know why. We don't need manufacturing in the U.S.

A member of the U.S Textile Insustry who has been sold-out by our government, and a rodbuilder,

Lynn