Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonefishdick

The Betsy

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Saltwater flies are expensive.  Do you recommend a book or an author  for flytying?  Thanks

This forum has tons of SBS and even videos, buy the Bob Popovics book you can't go wrong. Good luck.

Bob Popovics book is tough to beat . There's tons of books out there Ken Abrams books are nice reads and offer more than just tying info. Lefty Kreh's book of saltwater flies is nice even though it's not a really step by step book. At the end of the day youtube will be very helpful . if there any fly tying clubs are anywhere near by check them too nothing like first hand instruction from an experienced fly tier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeefisherman View Post

thanks, I actually bought ed mitchells book on amazon. I will check out the authors you mentioned also.

That's a pretty good book very informative on Striper fishing I cant recall if there was any fly tying info in it or not. I wish I had access to the amount of books and info when I started Striper fishing with a fly rod . Just wasn't much around in the late 60's and early 70's. We do have plenty now btw another great book I can recommend is Stripers and Streamers by Ray Bondorow  ( originator of the Ray's Fly ) another great long rodder from RI. He's also a member here and comes on line from time to time.