Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltheart

Billy 40 How you taking them buttwrap pics

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I do a lot of nice buttwraps but have had no luck at all getting good pictures to post or use to advertise. I'm at the point where I don't even try anymore.

What kind of camera are you using to get those nice sharp pics of your buttwraps Billy40?

Salt, a digital camera. I have a Fuji Fionepix 4700, and to be honest, I hate the way it takes pics. My Dad has a Nikon Coolpix 990, and the photos come out so much clearer.

All I do is point and click, no more fancy editting, just crop & post it on the net. I try taking the pictures before I apply epoxy, after the Cp has dried. This way there is no glare, and nobody points out what a crappy job I did applying CP (I don't need to be told what I already know - lol)

Sometimes I use the flash, but mostly I have 2 8 foot flourescent 40watt bulbs above my bench which supply more than enough light. Sticking a white piece of paper behind the wrap also helps if things aren't working out for you.

That's about it, I wish I did something special, but it's mostly the camera. I think mine has 3 Resolution settings, which I do not have in front of me at this time, but I'll let you know when I peek at the camera next time.

Billy got me started on my nikon Coolpix. I'd also say that a 'macro' lens & a tripod are a 'must have'.

Film type cameras still take a better quality picture than a digital,unless you get 6-7 megapixels.But,digitals are plenty good enough for the web,& a lot handier to have.You can get well over 100 pics on a card before you need to download to a computer program.Most computers have 5-6 photo programs installed when new. Also,the camera will come with 1 to a few programs ,too.

I like to use the higher resolution settings,then crop the photo to reduce the size of the file(no sense uploading a ton of background). Files under 150 kb will load rather quickly.

The best photos are shot outside in daylight,but out of direct sunlight.The tripod insures no blur what so ever.

Naa.. it's all scratched up,bent,twisted,dented etc.

It now goes with me most all day,most every day !We've shot deer,bear,rattlesnakes,turkeys,rod wraps..heck..everything except the reason I bought it...NAKED WOMEN !!hammer-time.gif