Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JPMass

LDX Breakaway

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Man is rod building adictive. Finally finished my plugging sticks and now looking for a new chunk rod.

Anyone have experiences with the Breakaway LDX? I think it should be a good stick for throwing 4-5oz. Never owned a stick of that lenght though, what are the pros and cons?

The LDX is 2 equal sections and has a parralell butt. Its an awesome 3-5 rod which has a very different feel to it as compared to the 123. The 123 has a parabolic action and the rod bends down deep into the butt section. The sad part at this point is the The LDX is not available as a blank. I will say one thing though, keep an eye on Nick at Breakaway, he is up to some really nice stuff these days. Big Dave

What was left of the old Breakaway stock will be in Charlotte this weekend at the big show. Lamar bought up all that they had left in stock at the All Star plant and will be liquidating them this weekend in his booth. Look for the "trash can" specials. He's bringing 3,000 All Star blanks.

Gary long time no see. As for the LDX I admit it is not a rod like some of the Brit blanks but I find it a comfort to cast. I think overall it performs quite well if you stay around the sweet spot. I will be in touch as I am planning on being in south Jersey in early May. Good to see you on the board. Big Dave