Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

BHNLG, BULG, BLRLG - which one and why??

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

OK, I know you love the BHNLG (for over 30). I am about to wrap the CGBT841M, and planned to spiral wrap the guides using the bingle foot boat guides BLBLG. I just noticed tehse are "designed" to be used in conjunction with the BULG guides.

I also know the BLRLG guides fall into the same line rating as the prior 2 series. I'd like to know what s the difference between the three, and why you would use one over the other.

I have no problem combining 2 different guide models on a blank, (used BHVLG with BNLGH, and GSVLG with GNLG on the 700XL and L). I'm wondering what advantages each guide offers over the other.

Thanks, Billy

PS: Looking forward to reading a (hopefully positive) report from your trip.

Billy,

I am not an advocate of heavy duty single foot guides. With that said here is my take on the guide models and their application:

HNSG - great guide up to 40#. Excellent choice for the CGBT841M for standard or spiral wrap.

USG - heavy duty braced guides for the heaviest of ring guide applications. I even use them for wire line rods.

LRSG - heavy duty turbo style guides. An excellent guide that sits a little higher than the USG. Some prefer this style of guide for stand up applications.

Al