Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marky1

Blocks-Abu7000

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

After many attempts to get a straight answer the tech people at Abu (via email) , they could not answer my question or request for info regarding the " blocks" for the spool .I know that there are 3 different sizes,my question is : Which ones are for what ? Thanks in advance for any technical input !

It boils down to this, Large brake blocks = most control,to small = the least control.

Although many like to use the left end cap for tension to help reduce nesting. I dont like to do it, you put strain on the race of the bearing as well as reduce overall distance. But you do gain control. This is my setup all my fishing situations with 7500 reels. 1 medium block, Quantum Hot Sauce oil in the bearings, and about 3 to 5 thousands end play in the spool. Seems to work quite well for me and the distance is what I would consider pretty good. Regards Big Dave

Over the years played around with just about every kind of oil for reel bearings. Today I am a big fan of Hot Sauce and I use it for both fishing and tournament casting. I still like the Red + Yellow Rocket Fuel. Both brands of oils just seem to work really well in small reel bearings. Years ago, common household oils like 3 in 1 did the trick and I suppose still does for some fishermen, they just dont seem to work as well as these newer formula's engineered for these mini high speed bearings ued in reels today.

I got mine at a place in New Hampshire ,called "Northern Bass Supply" in Brentwood. Maybe if you went their website (Quantum) They might have a dealer list. Basspro might have it,and possibly Cabelas. Anything comes to mind ,I will get to you ....Good luck