Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ralph78

Mudhole Reel Steats

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

You can install a reel seat from the butt end of the rod as long as the inside diameter of the reel seat is slightly bigger than the rod. The only problem with this is it won't look as good. You have to use masking tape bushings or mesh tape bushings at the point you decide the reel seat to reside. A better alternative at this point might be to go with a "plate type" reel seat made by Fuji and also carried by mudhole. you can position it anywhere on the butt, and either tape it in place or wrap in place with thread. The advantage of this type reel seat is that if you don't like the placement, you can move it.

I have a plate seat on it now and i hate it!! I need something that I can adjust to the diffrent reels that go on the rod. If it's only cosmetic, I'm going with the Mudhole seat.

you are gonna have to measure the diameter of your rod . they are made in 22, 24 ,25.26,28 &30mm inner diameters. The ID is adjustable to approximately 5mm smaller than the size stated.

hope this helps ..

derf

The Mud Hole adjustable reel seat sure looks suspiciously like the Fuji adjustable seat.

I'm assuming they're the same - just relabeled ??

if you do a search in the right places.you might find why other companies are being able to use and manufacture rod building components like that brand.i think the adjustable seats you are talking if the same as what i am thinking of use a compression nut on each end to tighten down where ever you want it to go on the butt section.