Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHIEF500

Butt question

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Al, I picked up a St. Croix SS100M2 at a very good price ($49.99) at a Dick's. I konw there are better blanks out there but as an off the rack rod I got what I wanted. So now the problem, I have only thrown it twice and need to get used to it, the butt length (reel holder to bottom end) is a tad long for me. I have short arms and too round a belly. How do I go about shortening it about 2"?

Wrap two bands of masking tape around the butt with the space between the bands being where it will be cut.

Use either a fine-tooth hacksaw or bandsaw and carefully cut through the handle.

Cover the butt end with a new Fuji butt cap.

Measure the OD of the butt after cutting and I will send you a replacement cap. Then just glue it on with 5-minute epoxy glue.

Al, the butt cap is loose at the present end. I can jut pull it off, no glue at all. Can I just reuse it and glue it on. I'm only gonna cut about 2 1/2" up from the bottom. OD will be clos e to the same.

Baitboy, no it was the Mt.Holly Dick's. St.Croix also has the same porblem at the Deptford DIck's.