Followers 0
Thumb-Burner

need help comparing a few blanks

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

OK.. here i go again...

looking for the ultimate as always...

2-4 oz slinging metal..

still love my century flattie and was hitting over 155 yards with it yesterday with 3 oz pyramid.. BUT, looking for another rod in the same range... maybe a little shorter..

can someone give me a comparison/contrast between the following...

zziplex Sea Raider II

zziplex light bass

Century Tip Tornado Light

Century Tip tornado ultralight..

I know that the last four would likely have to be cut down a bit..

again, 2-4 oz with 3 as sweetspot.. lots of casting and weight and distance are the biggest factors...

John , having recently starting using a zziplex powertex bass , I am amazed at the distance it casts , I am mostly using 110g on it but it flies with 90g too . Its 12'8" long but much lighter than my allstar 1418 . Wayne this may be a future rod for Amanda to consider .

I like it so much I probably will get another built .

For 2 to 4 , I would say the Century ultra light , the trouble is its so long , where do you cut it? For 3 to 6 , the Tip Tornado light comes in a shorter and longer version so cutting it to a manageable length is not such a trick.

For use right off the shelve (no cutting) , I would also cast a vote for the 11 foot Ziplex mentioned.

The Allstar 1418 is not a 2 to 4 OZ rod. That comparisom is not fair. The 1418 is a 4 to almost 8 rod and at 4 , IT not only an awesome casting rod , but it also has a great action for fishing.

Conn,

I have looked into the bass rod for Amanda, it is just a little long. I have had her working with a 12 ft. Daiwa, she seems to handle eleven feet, or a tad more the best. I did talk to big Dave about some bass rods he fishes with. He had cut them back about a foot and I hope to get a chance for Amanda to try one of those. How's the rehab coming along? I'll see you at the next sportcast event.........Wayne

Saltheart , didn't mean to imply the 1418 was a 2-4oz , I was strictly mentioning it to say the weightwise it is much heavier at 11'9" than the zziplex is 12'-8" . Most of us rod Ho's have the 11-9 so it was strictly a weight comparison . I should have just given the weights which if memory serves me right the finished rod zziplex weighs in at 1.2lb and the 1418 1.9lb .

Wayne , arm coming along slowly , rehab is a joy . I am fishing again which is the most important thing , casting I am afraid is next year .