Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gary T

Lami 1201l and 1081l

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Been reading alot about the lami1201l and what a great blank it is. Tim even says that if 10' is too long it can be cut back to make a sweet 9.5 or 9.0. My question is what is the difference between a cut back 1201l vs a 1081l? Thanks, gary

Gary,

The 1201L has a #10 tip and is factory rated for 2-6 ounces.

The 1081L has a #7 tip and is factory rated for 1.5-2.5 ounces.

First determine your lure weight range. If it's 1-3 then go with the 1081L and if it's 2-4 then the 1201L would be the blank to go with.

The narrower that you can define your requirements then the better performance you with achieve from the rod.

Al

There's also an extreme difference in the tapers of those two blanks. They are not the same taper. The GSB120 1L is a moderate to slightly mod/fast taper..closer to moderate (I dunno what Lami says, I'm tellin' ya from fishin' mine lots and lotssmile.gif) and the GSB1081L is a mod/fast to fast taper...somewhere in between perhaps. What this means is the GSB120 1L will bend for nearly it's entire length if ya ask it to. The GSB108 1L bends mainly at the top 1/3. Both are excellent braid blanks - especially the GSB120 1L with that moderate taper...it's powerful enough to stand yer ground yet forgiving enough to cushion yer braid/plug/fish connection smile.gif

Also, I'd rate the GSB120 1L easily a 1oz-5oz blank. The GSB108 1L 5/8oz to 2 1/2-3oz. These aren't specs from a page but real live field testing wink.gif

TimS

I was just wiggling the factory xs91ms at ramsey outdoor this am and the 9' is a much stiffer rod than my 10' and only the top 13 bends basically.

BZ, ya sure it wasn't an XS91MHS? They don't currently make an XS91MS...and I dunno if they ever did. If they did, it would be a killer pluggin' stick fer braid! smile.gif

TimS