Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
longBranch_Stripers

Surf Rod redone

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let people know what a great job Steven's Bait & Tackle did on my rod.It is a tica it had the worse Guides ever. He over sized the guides. It looks better know then when it was bought. I would recommend to anyone. smile.gif

probably woulda been cheaper to not buy a factory Tica, then pay to have it stripped and re-built dont you think? why wouldnt you have just bought a hi-Quality blank like Lami, Rainshadow, loomis etc (not tica) and pay to have it built correctly the 1st time?

doesnt make sense...

mm, sounds like you got a deal... cause you figure if the Tica rod was probably $85-90, plus tax.. then, I would charge $100-$125 to re-wrap a rod after I stripped it, then paying for guides, thread, etc, etc... if that still worked out to be cheaper than buying a custom, you got a great deal. smile.gif

BC

Yes I did get a good deal. If you are every in NJ check out Harrys army & navy store.in Robbinsville. the tica was $54.95- 9 foot and for the new Fuji guides $55.00 total $110.00. I lookup Rainshadow for a 9' blank it was $113.00.For $110.00 I got a good rod. If you are in to any outdoors sports check out Harrys. The pole was done in 2 days at $10.00 a guide at steven's bait & Tackle. cool.gif

http://www.harrys.com/LocateHarrys.htm