Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phl 4s

Outer Banks

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Planning a week of surfishig on the Outer Banks the 2nd or 3rd week in Jan. I can't wait for the spring run to start up here. This will be my first trip down there so can anyone give me any info on where,when,how etc. Thanks Phil P. S. Matty if you want to go with me & Ricky let me know.

Phil,

I was actually trying to arrange a trip with JohnM for the week of 12/26, but alas, something came up and I cannot make it. The time that you guys are talking about is not good for me business-wise, but thanks for the offer.

Catch a cow and a bull!!

The Spring really isn't THAT far away, and the winter isn't over yet (I hope the fish heard that).

Have a great time.

Matt

Matt, have you had a chance to use that new surf rig the wife got you for xmas. Just wondering how your making out with the conventional reel. Let me know if your planning on hitting the Brigantine suds before spring. Phil

I am going between xmass and new years. Same question as Phil. Whats the key things that are different down there then Jersey fishing? Some general spots to try would be good also. Tips on Bait and lures the may be different then commonly used Jersey stuff would be helpful also.

First off if you can Phil go to the fling we will have some experienced Hatteras guys there as well as people new to the area. Should be a great chance to learn about the place, and hopefully we will find some fish too smile.gif

Dan I will be down Dec 26 through Jan 2. The whole crew I fish with will be in that week your welcome to join us. Drop me an email and i will give you my cell number and we can figure out the what and where for the week.

You can expect to see puppy drum, specks and bass. Plugging wise the same lures here will work there. Tin as well as hopkins Kastmasters etc are effective for drum and stripers. Specks like to eat small teasers so I always rig one. Bait wise you will need to toss 6 or 8 ounces for the most part there is alot of current. If you fish the point its 8 and bait.

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

Phil,

I'll be in Brig. this weekend. Friday night and Saturday. Perhaps an excursion on Sat.? Any fish around down there?

I haven't tried the new gear yet. My wife hid the reel on me so that I can't use it until Christmas. I borrowed a Squidder from Ditch Jigger to try it out, so maybe I'll bring it along for a few casts.

Matt