Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby

Crossbay bridge?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I always see guys fishing there. For 35 yrs. now. This of course is for people that are familiar with this spot, of course. What do they catch there? It must be descent fishin' if it's been a hot spot for 35 yrs. that I know of.

Bobby,

It ain't a hot spot, just easy access. Some guys do cathc flounder, fluke, tog, weaks & stripers there, but not many. They used to do well crabbing off there in July and aug., but I don't know if that's still going on.

Just figured I'd ask. You know, if you're from or familiar with the area, there have been folks out there forever. How is it just past that point in the parking lots on each side of the Blvd? Anything bitin' there?

You can park legally without a permit, you can fish within sight of the parking lot (nice if you are worried about break-ins), and you can catch fish all season long.

The North Channel bridge (connecting Howard Beach to Broad Channel) is the only bridge allowing people to fish on. Both Marine Parkway (Gil Hodges Memorial) Bridge and Crossbay Bridge (further south connecting Broad Channel to the Rockaways) has been closed to fishing since 9/11. Making this a very crowded bridge to fish at certain times.

Just wanted to clarify

[ 03-08-2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: BernOC ]