Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltheart

How do you mark the centers for butt wraps

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

How do you mark the centers for spacing and aligning the butt wraps? I use a white fabric pencil and make an X but I'm thinking I might do better with something that will make a tiny little dot. How do you insure that the mark won't show when you are done?

Here's what I use - a White out Pen (stand out great on dark blanks). The only problem I have it that I cannot control the flow of the ink. Sometimes a lot flows out, others times some of it dries and a small dot comes out. The one I have it made by BIC. If you try to make a dot with it, and a lot pours out, it is best to wipe it off with alcohol and remake the dot. When the threads are wrapped over it and there is a lot of white-out used, it will crack and can possible get stuck between threads. BEsides that correctable problem - it's fine and easy to use.

Billy

I have used three different types of pens. The first was "Liquid Paper All Purpose Correction Pen" disributed by The Gillette Company. So-so results. The second is a China writer in white. It is a waxy type pen. The third is a 'Pentel" white 100W S. I like that one the best. Always makes just a small dot. John