Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlie G

Tied Up A Few Eel Flies today

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Hi Charlie,

nice fly tying but your wood working skills are beautiful. I am new to the forum and to tying flies. I have a friend who might be able to help with a wood project. Would you mind giving some material measurements / specs for your brush making station please? would you mind taking some close up pictures of it from different angles so we can see it better when you have time? thank you in advance, tackle addict

Addict give me a few days and I'll try to get some pictures with measurements taken and I'll PM you them.

I wanted to do a shadow box to display some flies this past winter but never got around to it. I want to make it so the flies can be changed out for other flies if I want. It's still on the todo list. I settled for cutting the front of a cigar box to frame the box, but it only displays 2 flies.

Here's another project I want to get to 1 day. I like this rod rack.

TA I worked as a carpenter for 35 years commercially, and now in retirement it's a hobby. When the spirit moves me I pick a small project to do.

I PM'd you some pictures of the brush maker. Let me know if you need more info.

Just FYI I'm both hobbyist woodworker and fly tier. I also like to display flies. I found a very nice shadowbox with hinged front at Michael's craft store reasonably priced. I couldn't justify building it myself. It has a burlap backing. I bend down the barbs of the hooks and insert my flies. It will easily hold 50 to 75 flies.