Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bajanfish

What water shoes do you wear?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

On any given fishing trip, i'll fish from the sand, rocky cliffs and slippery moss covered rocks. Looking for a pair of water shoes that can handle all of these applications. Looking for something that will drain quickly, not hold too much sand and will provide strong grip while walking over the slippery stuff. I have been looking at the Astral Brewers, Columbia powerdrains, sperry son-r's.

Does anyone have experience with these shoes? Or what do you guys suggest? What have you had good experiences with?

Thanks! :)

Not familiar with any of those that you mentioned. I have had good experiences on slippery rocks, muddy terrain and sand with a body glove water sandal though, only issue is that the sand tends to collect a bit at the inner front and if its coral sand it will irritate the toes a bit. Nothing that cant be washed out with a wave. See link below for pic. Now have a Keen Kanyon but so far it has been proven to be not so good on the rocks. Its still new so maybe it has to be broken in first. Very comfortable and dries quickly.

http://www.shoptoit.ca/images/detail/72413000/72413371.jpg

I nearly broke my toe a few years ago walking around one side of a jetty to the other. A wave came over where there was a rock sticking out, didn't see it and banged my bare toe on it.

3 months it took to get back to 100%. That's when I swore I would never fish bare foot again.

I got the Adidas boat shoe. Drains quick and can walk all day in the streets. Really comfy. After SS Sandy there was so much debris around the shore I was glad I had them. Forget slippery rocks, that's where korkers come in.

Just watch out for discarded bunker and dog poo filling up the drain holes.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/content/type/61/id/1663778/width/1000/height/1000]

I use a pair of xcell infinity 5mm for the sand during the cold months. Ive not used em on the rocks much though. They keep me quite warm and comfortable, perfect for the beach.

i have been using the vibram five fingers for along time now .... in the surf, on the jetties & on the piers. they take alil getting used to but i love them. 1000

The Columbias probably wont work for you. I have Drainmakers for the boat and they work great on deck. On the sand they do collect debris and will need to be flushed out in the waves. Haven't tried em on rocks but I wouldn't trust them there anyway.

I wear my Teva's depending on water temps. The RIGHT shoe/boot depends highly on where you are walking as there are many factors to consider: comfort, traction, water drainage, protection, etc.

I wear crocs lol. Everyone makes fun of them and how ugly they are but retract their comment after trying on a pair and seeing how comfortable they are!

AGREED! Crocs have served me well for the past few years. They might be ugly but they shine on the sand and on the cliffs. Not so much on the slippery stuff though. Hence why I posed the question.

I was looking into korkers and simms and other wading boot type shoes with felt soles and such. But I was concerned about how well they drain and how much sand they will hold. Some good suggestions have

come forward so far. Thanks guys!

i have been using the vibram five fingers for along time now .... in the surf, on the jetties & on the piers. they take alil getting used to but i love them. 1000

Love my vibrams! They're my favorite fair weather fishing footwear. Wear them on boats, wading lakes and streams, on the beach, everywhere when waders/warmth aren't necessary.