Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Pieces and parts

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Al, as one who gets to play with lots of rod components..can ya tell this newbie why people trash PacBay and pay homage to Fuji components?

What's the difference in use, not price or name? Why is PacBay given two thumbs down all the time?

What are the major flaws in the Pac Bay components and how do they differ from the preferred Fuji stuffs?

I've always wondered! wink.gif

TimS

I can only tell you from my own experience. Accordingly, I will only use Fuji seats and guides where applicable. The few dollars you save on the cost with Pac Bay is nothing compared to the cost of replacing a broken guide or defective reelseat, not to mention a disgruntled fisherman.

As far as specifics, Fuji guide frames and rings on equivalent size guides are far superior in quality and durability. The reelseats are also of better quality with better cut threads and sturdier hoods.

Al

Thanks for the insight!

I have rods, some with Fuji, some with Pac Bay, I've not had a problem with the guides on any of my rods...well, there was that time I fell 4 ft onto a Lami and crushed the big collector guide...it was a Fuji but I doubt it was defective...at least it wasn't before I fell on it! wink.gif

Reel seats...that's a topic for another day! biggrin.gif

TimS