Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter D

Dale Clemens Shut Down?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

The auction for what remained was in December, they announced the closing in August I think.

I miss the place dearly, as it was only an hour drive to be able to look before buying an 11' blank, guides, thread color, or whatever. Nice folks worked there and even when I had to wait an hour to get my order filled, I always had some laughs and left with a smile.

I went to the auction and saw the tons of "obselete" inventory of guides, reel seats, etc. I don't think inventory management was their strong suit. Probably the last nail in the coffin was the internet, they never had a decent site while other companies invested heavily.

RIP

The amtak finish is good very clear but in no way similar to Crystal coat -from the Guild board last month

Author: Dick French

Date: 03-14-03 12:32

The new business is waiting to get into our new warehouse. We will be carrying the Clemens propriority items such as tools (lathes, etc) finishes such as Crystal Coat and Poly build. Blanks will be Custom Builder Pro and Rogue. Fuji Guides and reel seats, Struble and Bellinger seats and other items.

It is taking a little longer than we wanted but is getting there. I will announce on this board when we are open and what the web address is.

Dick French