Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Lami Composites

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Finally started to plan what I'm going to do with all the blanks from the National, and have a couple of questions. What is the difference between the C527 and a CGBT841M? They both have about the same line rating (20?-50 vs 40), but the C527 has a much thicker butt(.965 vs.775), and bigger tip (11 vs 10). It is also a lot heavier. On the 841M I can see where the graphite ends, and the fiberglass begins. The C527 does not have this separation, leading me to believe the graphite is underneath, and they put the glass over it.

Thanks, Billy

Hello Billy,

I have built lots of the CGBT841M blanks. It is rated at 40 lb test and makes a great rod for heavy bottom fishing for blacks and cod, bluefish and bass jigging and for chunking bass.

The C527 is rated for 20-50 lb and is much heavier in weight due to the thicker walls. The blank has tremendous butt power to pull big bass through a heavy tide. You could also use this blank for school tuna fishing off a party boat. I am toying with one to use as a light tuna stick and plan to trim 2-3 inches off the tip and some off the butt for an overall length of 6.25-6.5 feet. It should be a real sweet stick.

Al