Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Al Goldberg

What's on the Bench

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I reported on the activities in my shop. Now that the season is winding down I am already starting to work on some sticks for next year.

Curently in the final stages of completion is a 14-foot Zziplex tournament surf rod wrapped with Fuji Low Rider guides.

Yesterday, I spent the day at the Lindenhurst Fishermens Flea Market at Capt. Neil's table. The two of us were talking to people all day about spining the blank, the advantages of a spiral wrap and tog rods. As a result of so many requests the following rods will be worked on over the next two months to display at the Freeport Show in February:

- 7 3/4 foot deepwater tog rod on a

Calstar composite blank.

- 7 foot bass chunking and tog rod on a

Calstar composite blank.

- 6.5 foot Loomis hybrid bass chunking/tog

rod. This will have all the "bells and

whistles" and will be the rod that I

will donate for the auction.

- 6 foot 50-100 lb stand up tuna rod built

on a Lami composite blank.

All of the above rods will be spiral wrapped.

P.S. I did not forget,Bernie OC's GSB1201L.

[This message has been edited by Al Goldberg (edited 12-04-2002).]

Al, its been a great year to meet new people and fish new places. I've learned a lot from this board and at Tri-Sate, Sharon had some nice pictures at the last meeting. I've built lots of rods this year, cbgt841m, cbgt781m, cgx90h, xra1204, xra1205, sb1362f, sb1081m, sb841f. I just finished a beautiful sb1081m with copper ht underwraps and an Orange(200) guide wrap with no color preserver and gold trim bands. I've got a c6909 half way finished, I'll use that for a jetty rod next year. I have a sb1081L I need to work on over the winter. I am going to have fun with that blank I'll set it up with a set of titanium single foots I got at a great price. It looks like 30, 25, 20, 16, 16 with a 16 tip. Have a great winter and thanks for all your hard work, advice and help on this forum, Bruce

Hmmmmm the bench:

1) 9 foot steelhead blank (one of Al's special blanks - it might be a loomis, it might be a lami, it might be........smile.gif

2) 8 foot Rainshadow SW 967 composite blank.

3) 7 foot Seeker composite (Al - thats Aram, the cabinent maker's rod - its almost finished but I had a finishing accident frown.gif, I have some sanding to do.

4) 7 foot rainshadow composite crankbait rod.

Hoping for lots of snow so I can stay home and build/play. Much fun!!!!!

Curently in the final stages of completion is a 14-foot Zziplex tournament surf rod wrapped with Fuji Low Rider guides.

What kind of schmuck would get a stick like that? wink.gifheart.gif

------------------

fww.gif

The Pause That Refreshes